Add HTML or custom code to my site
Note: Embedding code can affect how your entire site functions, so use this only if you’re comfortable hand coding. See (Code guidelines and limitations) below.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open New Website Builder. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site. (If you’re using the New Website Builder Online Store, click Manage Store, then Website in the top green bar.)
- Click the green plus to add a section to a page.
- Scroll to bottom of the Add Section panel and click Show More.
- Click the HTML pane.
- Click a layout in the HTML panel and you’ll see a Section Added confirmation.
- Click the HTML panel to begin customizing its settings.
- Enter a name in the Section Title field.
- Enter or paste the code you want to use in the Custom Code field. In the example, we’ve added HTML for a TripAdvisor widget.
- You can leave the Forced Height field blank or adjust the pixel height to larger or smaller. (Smaller will create a scrollable box for the item.)
- When you’re finished, click the or Done at the top of the HTML panel and your main window displays the results.
- Your changes are saved automatically so when you’re finished, click Preview to see the results.
- When you’re done, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).
Note: If you change your mind later on, re-open the HTML panel and click Remove Section at the bottom.