Add link to video
You can display a YouTube or Vimeo video on your website by linking to it on either video-sharing website.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site. (If you’re using the New Website Builder Online Store, click Manage Store, then Website in the top green bar.)
- Click the green plus to add a section to a page.
- Click Video in right panel.
- Click the placeholder video when it appears in the Video panel.
- When the Section Added confirmation appears, click the Video section in the right-hand Video panel and fill in the appropriate fields.
|Video panel fields and buttons|
|Video URL||Replace the default URL by pasting in the URL you’ve copied from YouTube or Vimeo.|
|Title||Type in a title that will grab readers’ attention.|
|Video Description||Type in a short description, which appears above the video. Use the buttons above the description field to style the text, add numbers or bullets, and add or remove a link. For more, see . (Style text)|
|Remove Section||Click the button if you no longer want the video to appear.|
- Once you’ve filled in the fields, click the top-left arrow.
- A still-frame view of the video appears on the page; click Done (mobile phone) or Preview (desktop/tablet) to see the result.
- To make more adjustments, click Edit.
- When you’re satisfied with the settings, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).