Add or replace photo
Good photos on your website grab visitors’ attention and encourage them to explore your content. As explained below, you can add photos to the header section — as well as other sections of your page. There’s no limit on the image’s file size but it must be formatted as a .png or .jpeg/.jpg file before it can be uploaded.
Note: These steps can be used to add a photo or replace an existing one. If you want to use a solid color for your first section instead, see (Replace cover photo with solid color.)
- Click Edit/Edit Site. (If you’re using the New Website Builder Online Store, click Manage Store, then Website in the top green bar.)
- Click any section other than the Contact Us or footer sections.
- If you click the first section (the header), click Cover Image in the Header panel.
- For other sections containing photos, click on the picture you want to replace.
- Use the right panel to:
- Add a new photo by clicking the My Images panel, click the Add button, and navigate to the photo you want to use. (To add multiple images at a time, just tap each one (mobile phone/tablet) or click each one while pressing Ctrl/Command (desktop computer).
- Replace a photo with one you’ve already uploaded by clicking it in the My Images photo grid.
Note: You also can click Stock Images below the My Images button to select a royalty free photo. See (Choose stock photo.)
- Click the left-pointing arrow to return to the image-editing panel, which you can use to crop or rotate a photo. See (Edit photo.)
- Your changes are saved automatically so when you’re finished, click Preview to see the results, and, if you like, use another of your domains or buy a new one.
- When you’re ready to make the changes public, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).