Bid on Expiring Domains
If a domain name registered with us after May 2, 2005 expires, we automatically list it for auction on GoDaddy Auctions® 25 days later. You can bid on any expiring domain name listed at GoDaddy Auctions.
The current registrant can reclaim the domain name from redemption up to 30 days after expiration. If the current registrant renews the domain name, we cancel the auction and refund any bids.
You can bid on expired domains from a web app or you can use the GoDaddy Investor app to track expiry auctions on your (mobile device).
Bid on Expiring Domains using Web App
- Log in to GoDaddy Auctions.
- From the Popular Searches menu, select Expiring.
- Locate the domain name you want to bid on.
- In the Enter Bid/Offer field, enter the bid amount.
Note: This field does not display for Buy Now listings.
- Click Continue to Review.
- Review your bid or increase it.
- Read and agree to any legal agreements that display.
- Click Submit.
Bid on Expiring Domains using Investor Mobile App
- Log in to the GoDaddy Investor App on your mobile device.
- Tap on the domain name you want to bid on.
- In the Your Bid field, either accept the minimum bid that is already filled in or enter a proxy bid.
Note: Your proxy bid amount must be more than the the minimum bid amount.
- Click Place Bid.
- To watch your bid, see (Using the Watching List).