Change your account’s domain (Web & Classic Hosting)
Changing the primary domain name on a Web & Classic Hosting account lets you change the domain name associated with account’s Web root directory.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you already added the domain name you want to use as your primary hosted domain name, you need to (remove the domain name) first. You might also need to remove any subdomains of your primary domain name before you can change it.
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, you need to (generate a certificate signing request (CSR), rekey the certificate) for your new domain, and then (install the certificate on your server.)
- WordPress installations can break when you change your primary domain. If they do, see the (instructions on WordPress’s site.)
- From the Hosting Control Center home page, click the More menu and then select Hosted Domains.
- Select your primary hosted domain, and then click Change Primary.
- Enter the new primary domain for your account, and then click OK.