Clone a server
If you want to create a clone (duplicate) of a server, you can take a snapshot of it, and then create a new server using that snapshot.
Take a snapshot
- In Cloud Servers, click the server you want to use.
- Click Stop.
- Click the Snapshots tab.
- Enter a Snapshot name, and then click Take snapshot.
- Click the Power tab, and then click Start.
Create a new server
- Go to the Servers tab, and then click Create new server.
- Complete the following sections, and then click Finish:
Option Description Choose a Size Select the size of server you want to use. Depending on the size of your snapshot, you might not be able to create a server smaller than the one you used to create the snapshot. Choose an Image Click the Snapshots tab, and then select the Snapshot you want to use. Security Info Enter a Username for the server.
If you want to connect with an SSH key pair, you need to create a key (Windows / Mac OS X), click Connect through SSH instead, and then select the Key you want to use.
Otherwise, enter a Password.
Dynamic IP addresses Select any Dynamic IP Addresses you want to attach to this server. Other Options Select if you want to use (Automated backups) or Add boot script.
- (Find a server’s public IP address)