Configure your backups
After you have setup your account, you may need to configure your backups to work correctly with your website.
Note: If your website is hosted with GoDaddy on a cPanel hosting account, we will take care of this for you.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Inside of the Website Security dashboard, click Backups.
- Next to your website name, click on the gear icon, and then Website Details.
- Enter your URL and FTP credentials and click save.
- Click Database settings and select the option that best applies to your website. Click Save.
- Click Other Options, and adjust your Frequency, notifications and backup start time to your personal preference, and click Save.
Your first backup should complete within a few hours (large sites can take considerably longer). You’ll receive an email notication when the backup is complete.
- (Restoring files after backup)