Create a staging site
Create a Managed WordPress staging site to test changes without affecting your live site.
Note:Staging sites are available if you have a Deluxe, Ultimate, Developer, or Pro Managed WordPress account. If you have a Basic account, you need to (upgrade your account) to use a staging site.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, click Manage All.
- For the site that you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Staging.
- Click Create Staging Site.
Note:If you’ve got a Pro account (available only in U.S.A. and Canada), that’s all you need to do. It’ll take a few minutes for us to make a copy of your production site to use as a staging site. For Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer accounts, continue with the next step.
- To copy your entire existing site into a staging site, select Clone from production.Or, to copy only your existing themes and plugins with no content, select Copy site design.
- Click Create. It’ll take a few minutes for us to create the staging site.