Install WordPress on a Web or Classic Hosting Account
WordPress® is a personal publishing platform, or content management system, that you can use to set up a blog on your website.
To Install WordPress on Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Options & Settings in the Popular Apps section, click WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click OK:
- Domain — Select the domain on your account you want to use.
- Directory — Enter the directory after the domain name where you want to install WordPress. If you want the domain name itself to use WordPress, the directory field should be left blank.
- Enter an Admin Name, an Admin Password (and its confirmation), an Email Address and the Blog Title.
WordPress will be installed to your hosting account with the options you selected within 24 hours. When it’s complete, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
To find product information, please see our (web hosting) page.