iPhone: Set up email
This article is specific to Business Email. If you have a different type of email, please see (Office 365 iPhone instructions), or (Workspace email iPhone instructions).
You can set up your new Business Email account on your iPhone’s native Mail app.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down, and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Complete the following fields:
Field What to enter Name The display name that you want to show to others, when they receive your emails Your full Business Email address Password Your Business Email password Description A reference for yourself about which account this is. No one else sees this, except for you.
- Tap Next.
- Make sure IMAP is selected. Your Name, Email, and Description should be filled in from your previous entries. Complete the following fields:
Field What to enter Incoming Mail Server; Host Name The (correct incoming server address for your region, shown here) Incoming Mail Server; User Name Your full Business Email address Incoming Mail Server; Password Your Business Email password Outgoing Mail Server; Host Name The (correct outgoing server address for your region, shown here) Outgoing Mail Server; User Name Your full Business Email address Outgoing Mail Server; Password Your Business Email password
Note: Even though the Outgoing Mail Server says Optional, you must enter all details for your email to work correctly.
- Tap Next. Your iPhone will work on verifying your settings. This may take several minutes.
- Select the apps you want to use with this email account. You must at least select Mail.
- Tap Save.
- Open your Mail app, and send yourself a test message to make sure everything is set up correctly.
- You can also use the (iPhone Outlook app for your Business Email)
- Set up your Business Email on a desktop client, too:
- (Apple Mail)
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.