Move your WordPress site to a different directory in cPanel hosting
What if you installed WordPress® in the wrong directory? Don’t worry — it happens all the time. If you installed it through your hosting account’s control panel, moving it to the correct location is pretty simple.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click cPanel Admin.
- In the Software section, click Installatron Applications Installer.
- Select the application you want to move, and then click Clone.
- In the Destination section, make sure to select the correct Domain and Directory where you want to move the site.
- Click Clone.
If you have issues with your site’s permalinks after completing these steps, see (Fixing Permalink Issues with WordPress.)