Outlook 2013: Set up email
This article is specific to Workspace Email only. (Click here for Office 365 Outlook 2013 instructions).
You can set up your Workspace email in Microsoft® Outlook 2013. We recommend using the (Outlook Setup Tool), to automatically set up your email in Outlook 2013. But if you want to set up your email yourself, follow these instructions.
You need to turn on Outlook Easy Setup in your Workspace account, first. This creates an autodiscover record that makes set up simpler. (Read more about Outlook Easy Setup).
- Log in to your Workspace Email account and open your product. (Need help logging in?)
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Email Setup Center.
- If you have email set up for multiple domains, from the Domain list, select the domain you want to use.
- Under Outlook Easy Setup, click the On/Off toggle switch, and make sure it says on.
Now you can set up your Workspace email in Outlook 2013.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- If this is the first time you’ve opened Outlook 2013, you’ll see a welcome screen.
- Click Next.
- Select Yes, and click Next.
- If you’ve already set up an email address Outlook 2013, you’ll see the inbox screen.
- Click File.
- Under Info, click Add Account.
- Make sure E-mail Account is selected, and enter your Workspace email details.
Field What to enter Your Name The name you want to show as the From display, on your emails E-mail Address Your Workspace email address Password Your Workspace email password Retype Password Your Workspace email password, again
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2013 will test your settings. You may see a pop-up window asking if you want to Allow this website to configure… Select Don’t ask me about this website again, and click Allow.
- When Outlook 2013 is finished setting up your account, you will see a message that Your e-mail account is successfully configured. Click Finish.
That’s it! Your email is now set up in Outlook 2013.
- Send yourself an email (in your webmail), to make sure everything is working. Then reply to that email from Outlook, to be sure your outgoing settings are correct, too.
- If you’re having any trouble, please see: (Outlook 2010 and 2013: Troubleshooting Email)