Transfer my domain to GoDaddy
Contains video,Thereis more………..
It’s not difficult to transfer your domain name to GoDaddy. You’ll complete some steps with your current registrar, and some steps with GoDaddy.
Note: You’re not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact’s organization
• Updating the registrant contact’s first or last name and an organization is not listed
Complete the following steps with your current registrar:
- Unlock the domain name.
- (Get an authorization code) (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
- Verify contact information: Confirm that the administrator’s contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator’s email.
Note: For .au domains, all transfer information is sent to the registrant contact’s email.
- Cancel Protected or Private registration: If the domain has Protected Registration or Private Registration, you’ll need to cancel it.
Complete the following steps at GoDaddy:
- (Purchase a domain name transfer) from our website. We will send you a message if the extension is not available to transfer.
Note: If you purchased a (.uk .ca, .eu, .es, .au, or .se) domain name transfer, see their respective About articles for additional transfer instructions.
- Once you purchase the transfer, you’ll be prompted to Unlock the domain and Get authorization code. Enter the authorization code in the space provided and follow the prompts to check-out.
- Check your email: Once you’re finished with your purchase, check the domain name’s administrative contact (admin) email (or registrant contact’s email for .au domains) for an email from GoDaddy. To authorize your transfer, simply click on the Approve button that appears in the email. That’s it!
Note: The transfer process can take 7 to 10 days to complete.
If you’re looking to:
- Move a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account, see (Move a domain to another GoDaddy account.)
- Transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to another registrar, see (Transfer domain to another registrar.)
For more information on transfers, see ICANN’s (Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy )and our (Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement.)