Upload files with SFTP
You can upload files to your Managed WordPress account with SFTP. You can use any FTP client to do this, such as( FileZilla). This is useful if you need to do large file uploads to your WordPress site, or if you want to make changes to your WordPress site manually – such as installing a custom theme or plugin.
Note: The first part of this procedure gets you to your SFTP credentials. If you already know your SFTP hostname, port, username, and password, start with Step 6.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, click Manage All.
- For the website you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Settings.
- For Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer accounts: Under Settings, next to SFTP user, click View.For Pro Managed WordPress accounts (available in U.S.A. and Canada only): Under Settings, next to SFTP/SSH access, click Manage.
Note: If you haven’t set up SSH access for your Pro account yet, see (Enable SSH .)
- Copy your Host Name, SFTP User Name, and Password. You’ll need these to log in with your FTP client.
- If you haven’t done this yet, download, install, and launch FileZilla.
- Complete the following fields:
Field What to enter… Host Your Host Name Username Your SFTP User Name Password Your password Port 22
- Click Quickconnect. After FileZilla connects to your account, you can drag-and-drop to upload your files to the appropriate location.