Use a custom domain for my storefront
ou can customize your storefront by displaying your own domain name in the web browser address bar. For example, your storefront URL can display as http://www.coolexample.com instead of the default secureserver.net URL.
You might already use a custom domain that forwards or links to your storefront. This feature differs from those options in that your custom domain remains visible in the Web browser’s address bar as your customers click through most of your storefront.
Note: For security purposes, we limit this feature to certain pages of your storefront. When customers enter secure areas of your storefront, the default URL displays instead of your custom domain.
If you want, you can continue to link a custom home page to your storefront. For example, your custom page at http://www.coolexample.com can link to your storefront at http://shop.coolexample.com instead of linking to the default URL. That way, your unique branding continues to display for your customers. The key is to use a different subdomain, such as shop.
- Log in to your Reseller Control Center. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the Settings menu, select Branding.
- In the Storefront URL section, select Use a custom domain that I own for the homepage, and then enter the URL in the Site field. For example, enter www.coolexample.com or shop.coolexample.com. For more information, see (What is a subdomain?)
- To use a domain name hosted elsewhere, select I manage my own DNS, and then enter it in the Enter the domain you’d like to use field.
Note: We can only update your DNS for you if your domain is in the same account as your reseller plan. If your domain name is hosted elsewhere, you must manually update your DNS with your hosting provider. To do so, create a new CNAME for your subdomain, and then point it to cdrapplication.secureserver.net.
For an example of how to add a CNAME, see (Manage DNS zone files.)
- Click OK. It can take up to 48 hours for your changes to take effect.